Spring is my favorite time of year with the harmony of buds popping on trees, fragrant flowers beginning to bloom, birds singing and folks humming- it just feels good to get outside and begin planting seeds! With spring here, diffusing the right essential oils elevates our space and cleans out the staleness of the season before. Picking oils that are fresh and clean will uplift the body, mind and soul. Citrus oils are wonderful top notes that, when blended with floral and green notes, will enhance the season and brighten up the longer days ahead.
This list is affordable and simple- a way to combine and blend oils that will enhance and make the season come alive.
• Sweet Orange – citrusy, sweet, helps digestion, tissue repair, soothes anxiety and insomnia
• Lemon – clean, fresh, purifying, protects immunity, antiseptic
• Grapefruit – heightening, stimulant, disinfectant, antidepressant, tonic
• Palmarosa – sweet, floral, anti-bacterial, stimulant, anti-fungal, anti-viral
• Peppermint – invigorating, stimulating, helps breathing, relieves congestion and headaches, used for flatulence and colic
• Bergamot – light, uplifting, anti-depressant, helps circulation, stimulates gland secretion
• Ylang Ylang –warmth, grounding, aromatic, promotes balance, emotional healing
• Lavender – settling, floral, promotes relaxation, eases muscle pain, and builds immunity
Uplifting Morning Blend
3 drops Lemon
5 drops Sweet Orange
7 drops Grapefruit
4 drops Palmarosa
Simple Afternoon Pleasure Blend
6 drops Grapefruit
4 drops Bergamot
2 drops Ylang Ylang
Brisk Evening Blend
4 drops Lemon
3 drops Lavender
1 drop Peppermint
Always take safety precautions before applying any oil making sure they are appropriate to use. Dilute oils before use, a good rule to follow: less is more. Citrus oils may be photo-toxic, take care even though they are blended in carrier oil they can be an irritant and harmful when outside in the sun. These are recommended uses for topical and aromatic enjoyment and are not meant to be ingested.