Colds can strike any time of the year. Try these tips and essential oils to treat those pesky cold and flu symptoms in a natural and holistic way…
The soles of your feet are full of sweat glands and can absorb the healing properties of essential oils. Whether you are using in a bath, inhaler or a massage always mix essential oils with a carrier oil of your choice – see our carrier oil blog for more information pertaining to formulating and blending techniques.
1. Cinnamon and Clove – provides heat for those that are suffering with the chills.
2. Eucalyptus (Radiata) – an expectorant to help open the lungs and help breathability.
3. Ginger – Stomach issues such as nausea, cleanses internally.
4. Lemon – Cleanses and is a good source of vitamin C, mix with any of the oils for an added relief.
5. Marjoram and Oregano – aids in anti-fungal, anti-septic and anti-viral needs.
6. Pine – powerful respiratory and immunity builder
7. Rose – to help flush your system of mucus that has built up and is needs to be released.
8. Sage – as a defense fighting against disease, bacteria, viruses and fungi.
9. Tea Tree – a must have for sinus infections – it is a strong anti-fungal, a little goes a long way so don’t use too much.
10. Thyme – added to Rosemary and Eucalyptus make for a powerful decongestant.
Note – Some essential oils are not suitable for children or use while pregnant. Also, always do a patch test to make sure you are not allergic to any oil you plan to use.
A few drops of Vitamin E add to these oils’ healing abilities.
Just a reminder when suffering with cold and flu symptoms, it is best to eliminate all dairy and sugars to help speed the recovery process.